Motor Vehicle Claims

Common questions about Motor Vehicle Accident in Queensland

If you’ve been injured in an accident in Queensland, whether you were in a:

  • Car accident
  • Truck accident
  • Van accident
  • Motorbike accident
  • Bicycle accident
  • Public transport accident (like a tram or bus); or
  • Pedestrian accident

And can prove the other driver was at fault, a Compulsory Third Party insurance claim can compensate you for your injuries.

If death was caused by the motor vehicle accident, dependents may also be able to claim for funeral expenses and loss of financial support under Queensland Law. If the other car was unregistered or unidentified, you can still make a CTP claim.

To get you compensation for your injuries in Queensland, lawyers need to prove:

  • The person who caused the injury owed a ‘duty of care’ for your safety
  • The duty of care was breached (for example, they ran a red light)
  • You have been injured as a result of the accident.

There are time limits under Queensland law and these dictate the time you have to bring a claim. The usual time limit is three years from the date of the accident, but this can vary. The time limit can be much shorter for certain claims so we recommend you seek legal advice after the accident.